Monday, February 13, 2012

Well I WAS president of the Future Homemakers of America, afterall...

Recently I decided I was going to learn to quilt. Because, um...yeah. I just did. So I'm doing this quilt along by Jenna at SewHappyGeek. I was late to the party (they are already on their 8th block), but that's ok, because they are going a week at a time and I doubt I can keep up with that pace once we get past the easy blocks anyway. So it should be fun. We'll see...

Here's my first 2 blocks! You can find the directions and a step-by-step tutorial on how to make them here.

(Yes, I am super proud of them. And they only took me like 5 hours total to cut and piece both of them)




This one is called a Woven Block. That's because it looks, well, woven!

I love how the fabrics make this look way more complicated than it really is!

This one is called a Snowball Block. I don't know why. It's probably so super secret quilter's language I haven't learned yet. Just go with it.

This one has some issues. I'm a tad worried about how it is going to fit in when we start piecing the blocks together.
So yeah. I can do this! I can be a quilter! (Someone remind me I said that when the blocks get much harder!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>