Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicken Steven Not Only Ate, But Liked!

So tonight for dinner I decided to cook. My kids were very disappointed that the pizza delivery guy would be spending time with his OTHER families tonight. Anyway, I made Italian Chicken (that I bought on impulse in the cheese aisle at the store) and Roasted Potatoes (cause I saw them on Pinterest and, let's face it, Pinterest makes us ALL feel like we are crafting masters).
The chicken is on the left and the potato on the right. Stop laughing at me. I know they look the same in the photo.



Anyway, I was a little worried this chicken wouldn't be all that great, but hey, might as well give it a shot right? Um, this was Slap Yo Momma good. Even Steven ate it. Steven eats NOTHING. And he said "It's not that bad!" Maybe he's getting sick or something.
The Players: 1lb boneless chicken breasts and Kraft Fresh Take Italian Parmesan Recipe
This is basically Kraft's latest take on Shake and Bake. We are all about some Shake and Bake around here, but it's usually this kind.

So basically the pouch has 2 compartments; a bread crumb mix compartment and a cheese compartment. When you open the shake and bake bag, you break the seal between the 2 and then you mix them up together and dip your meat in it. This is where it gets dicey for me. I hate, and I mean HATE, touching raw meat. Don't ask me why. I just do. So this step was the worst. 
Look! I got it on the pan and it looks like it might turn out decent!
After you stick the coated chicken on the pan, you sprinkle the leftover bread crumbs on it. Don't skip that part. It's important for the end.

Now you pop it in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes. Or whatever you cook your chicken at. I go with whatever the package tells me to do normally.
No, you cannot have my assistant. He is also a vital member of my cleaning crew.
I love how about 5 minutes before food is done, it smells all yummy. My kids were all excited at that point. I still wouldn't tell them what it was because I wanted them to see it before they decided it was nasty because a clown didn't make it.

Remember all those extra breadcrumbs you sprinkled over the chicken? They are going to look like this. You will be glad you cooked them too.
Mmmm, crispy leftovers. Go ahead and eat them right off the pan. I totally did.
So all in all, this was a great buy! It comes in 3 different flavors, so we will definitely be having this again soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>