Friday, August 1, 2014

To Wear or Not to Wear : FLOR Yellow Accent Shift Dress

So I got my first shipment from Gwynnie Bee in the mail. SO EXCITED!

I'm doing the free trial for 30 days and I chose the 3 item at a time plan (that I will so be downgrading when the FREE part is over) and here's what the box looked like when it arrived:

It arrived in a plain white box. The clothes were wrapped in purple tissue paper and sealed with a cute bee sticker. All 3 dresses were clean and didn't have any weird smells. One dress needs a quick pressing but considering it had just been shipped through the mail, I think that's excusable!

Here's the first item I tried - the Yellow Accent Shift Dress by FLOR.


Let me just say that this is one of those things I would have oooed and ahhhhed over in the store but never tried on because 1) it probably cost over $100 and 2) I would never wear it enough to justify purchasing it. But with Gwynnie Bee I can because if I hate it I just shove it in the bag and send it right back. I can also wear it to work and play around in it because I don't have to wash it, care for it, or ever wear it again if I don't want to!

But this dress is a classic example of something that looks interesting on the model but HORRIBLE in person. The pattern was just all kinds of weird and was more of a grayish mustard yellow than the buttercup color in the picture. 

And it fit weird. Really weird. It was too tight through the middle but fit in the bust. Nothing that is too tight in the middle EVER fits my bust. If the middle is tight, the top is too. But even if you somehow filter out the fat rolls, that pattern is just SOOO out there. I tried to class it up with a necklace and some leggings so I could pretend what it might have looked like, but ugh. It's just so - ugh. 



Now granted some shape wear might have made this look better but it couldn't do a darn thing for that hideous pattern!

So this one is going right back in the bag and sent off to get a new one! I think Thomas put it best when he said "mom, you look like you are at the circus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>