Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Open Letter #17

Dear Parent of Screaming 2 1/2 year Old Standing in My Lobby,

Your child is wailing like a 3 month old baby. I had to look twice to make sure you didn't also have a young infant in here.

At 2 1/12 years old, your child is more than capable of vocalizing to you his needs and wants. The fact that he is pulling on your shirt and crying like a very small infant tells me that when he throws a fit like this at home he gets his way.

This is further enforced by the fact that I know first hand that your 8 year old and 6 year old respond the very same way here at school.

He's been crying like this for 23 minutes. TWENTY THREE MINUTES. Take him back out to the car until he calms down. Or find a sitter. (Or stop giving in to him when he acts like this.) This is a school. Other people's children are trying to learn. You are disrupting the learning environment.

Your kids aren't bad. It's your parenting skills.

It's Time to Grow Up Now Because You are a Mom,
The Secretary who Can't Answer the Phone Because Your Child is So Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>