Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Open Letter #9

Dear Rain Gently Falling on my Rooftop at 5:30 in the Morning,

I love you. I love the way you sound cascading down the roof, the soft pitter patter your drops make as they hit the top of my house.

I love the way you soothingly splatter on my bedroom window. I love the sound you make when you puddle together in the gutters, the calming trinkle coming out of my down spouts.

Please stop.

You see, it is now dark:30a.m. and this means I have to get out of bed and go to work. And all I want to do is stay here in my cozy bed and listen to you.

Forever Yours,
The Girl Who Sets Her Sleep Machine to Rainstorm Every Night to Fall Asleep in the First Place


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>