Thursday, December 27, 2012

One Horse Sleigh

You know how it is. You need that perfect gift for your coworkers, your kids' teachers, the neighbors, etc. But you don't want to break the bank to make everyone feel special. I spent years trying to come up with clever gifts.

And then the internet invented Pinterest.

So when I found these on there, well you know I had to pin and make them! Here's my source pin.

You are going to need candy canes, a wide, flat, rectangular candy bar (KitKat works great - Hershey bars might work too), and some candies for packages. I used the Hershey Miniatures like my inspiration blogger did, but as I was making them I stated thinking you could probably use the Nuggets or maybe even some other mixed assorted candies. 

You also will need some ribbon or wide string and a bow or something to go on top. And an adhesive. I used hot glue. Some people have had success using glue dots (like for scrapbooking). I am cheap. I had hot glue on hand already and I was shelling out a lot of money for candy!


To do the sleighs the way I made them, you will need for each sleigh 2 candy canes, 1 KitKat bar, 10 Minis, 18" of ribbon, and a Hershey's kiss (to go on top).

First, glue the candy canes to the bottom of the KitKat. Leave the curves part out or your presents won't have room.

Now start layering your candies. I went with 4, 3, 2, 1. You could do 3, 2, 1 and it would still look pretty good and be a little cheaper in the long run.

I just put a little dab of hot glue on the bottom of each candy. I don't think they melted any. No one mentioned it if they did. If you got one of these from me and it was melted or ooky, leave a comment so we'll know!

I did put ribbon around these and glue a Hershey Kiss on the very top, but I forgot to take a picture. They turned out super cute though and I really liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>