Friday, March 2, 2012

Macrame Cords

I saw these cute earbuds wrapped in embroidery floss on Pinterest and found a link to a blog that clearly shows how to make them via a GREAT tutorial that even includes video! So I made some.
Totally cute, right? AND it keeps them from tying themselves in knots in my purse!
Then I made another one.
The Kindle is totally rocking out in style now!

Then I decided to wrap the power and A/V cords for all the different electronics in coordinating colors so I would always know which cords went to the Wii, which to the computer, etc. Yeah, I went overboard. Big surprise, I know.

I'm using yarn for the bigger cords because a) it's cheaper than 5 billion skeins of floss it would take and b) I didn't want to be tying little bitty knots for all eternity (even though that's how it feels!). Oh and c) I have a ton of yarn from my yet-to-be-completed project of teaching myself to knit and/or crochet. I'll do another post when I get them done so you can ooh and aah over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>