Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Quilt Warrior

So I made block #7 of the Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL this weekend. I really wish I had found this when the others started because I am not finding it hard AT ALL to keep up the block a week pace like I thought I would. This week's block was the Flying Geese pattern. The astute quilters out there will notice that my triangles don't exactly line up like they are supposed to, but I don't really care. This is my first quilt EVER and I am really quite amazed that I seem to be halfway decent at it. I think it's probably that Jenna's instructions are so easy to follow, but we'll just call it awesome skills on my part. (HAH!)



I've also been doing a Pleated Boxes Pillow sewalong that you can find over at Craft Buds. It doesn't require a lot of time, so my sewing stalkers (friends?) who have 3-4 hours and some scraps laying around should give it a go! It doesn't end until March 23rd and you might be a prize winner! And even if you aren't, you'll have a super cute pillow to show for it. Seriously, some of you who are actual sew-ers could probably knock it out during naptime one afternoon. (How do you spell sew-ers without it coming out sewers?) Anyway, here's my pillow front. I'll post another picture when I get it completed (probably this coming weekend).
I cannot WAIT to finish this and put it on my couch!!!
So what did YOU do this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>