Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Open Letter #2

Dear People Who Work with Me,

There is a sign on my door. It has 3 phrases on it.

Come in

Don't come in

I'm not here

If the check mark is on "Come in", this means you are welcome to come into my office and discuss anything you need, or look for something in here you might require if I have stepped out of it for some reason.

If the check mark is on "I'm not here", this means I am not on campus. Maybe I'm at a meeting. Maybe I am running late. Maybe my kid got sick and I had to leave early. If the check mark is on this phrase, this means you need to find someone else to help you because I am not physically available to do so.

If you come by and the check mark is on "Don't come in", you have just stumbled upon one of the 6 or so times per year that you do NOT need to bother me for ANY reason whatsoever. So don't knock, don't grin at me sheepishly and then proceed to come in anyway, don't come in and plop down in a chair and wait for me to acknowledge you, and, for the love of Pete, do NOT look at the sign, read it out loud and snicker, and then proceed to come in, help yourself to a treat, throw your feet up on my desk, and tell me what you need me to do. Linda Blair ain't got nothing on me when the sign is on "Don't come in".

Much love,
Your Harried Office Professional Who Isn't Afraid of Prison Time at the Moment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. Please?! Seeing page view without knowing who was here drives me crazy! Not that *I* do that... >.>